Heads up for the first stable update for Snappy 15.04

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo ricardo.salveti at canonical.com
Tue Jun 9 01:41:29 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 2:37 AM, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo
<ricardo.salveti at canonical.com> wrote:
> For the first stable update (we're calling 15.04.1), we created
> https://launchpad.net/snappy/+milestone/15.04.1 to help us keep
> tracking of the fixes that will be included in this release. Image 78
> (which was just published at 15.04/edge) contains most fixes, but
> still missing one critical (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1460152),
> which we should hopefully be able fix soon. Once we land this
> remaining critical we should be good to tag our first 15.04.1 RC, and
> would be great if you could use and validate it with your own snaps
> and specific environment/boards, to make sure we're not missing
> anything before promoting it to stable.

Bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1460152 was fixed last friday, but
we found out 2 other issues that we'd like to fix before the next
release.

First https://bugs.launchpad.net/snappy/+bug/1462501 which is a grub
specific regression (fixed earlier today), and second
https://bugs.launchpad.net/snappy/+bug/1462916, in order to include a
better TMPDIR experience in general (changes under review, should land
earlier tomorrow). We also included one remaining fix for the azure
image (rootdelay), which was also an important fix from our side.

Image 81 should have everything we landed today, and will trigger
another image once we land the changes for bug 1462916. Next image
should hopefully be our final RC, but will wait on the testing results
from the cloud side to make sure we didn't regress anything.

More news tomorrow.

Thanks,
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo