BBB Snappy improvements

Víctor Mayoral Vilches victor at erlerobot.com
Tue Jun 2 13:08:45 UTC 2015

Greetings!

Thanks everyone for pushing so hard on Snappy.
Listed down are two aspects that we would love someone to help us with.
Many users are asking for this and it'll benefit the overall experience
(using the BBB):

   - *Boot time is quite slow*: It generally takes a matter of 2-3 minutes.
   Any chance to optimize the services at boot time and shrink this time down
   to 30 seconds?. I've been trying to debug it but the systemd-analyze plot
   still does not respond as expected (bug report here
   <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1432197>). Could
   anyone point out if there's an easy way to fix this?
   - *Flashing the microSD into the internal eMMC*: any chance someone from
   Canonical that feels comfortable with the partition scheme can take a look
   on how to flash the snappy images into the BeagleBone Black eMMC? We
   traditionally used this script
   <https://github.com/erlerobot/tools/blob/master/scripts/beaglebone-black-copy-microSD-to-eMMC.sh>
   but we are guessing relevant changes are needed to match Snappy's partition
   distribution.

Kind regards,

*Víctor Mayoral Vilches*
CTO & Co-Founder