Managing base and other snappy apps

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Wed Jul 29 12:34:58 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 03:01:06PM -0700, Eystein Måløy Stenberg wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> I see webdm has references to "snappy's packages api", e.g. in
> webdm/snappy/handlers.go it says
>
> // MakeMuxer sets up the handlers multiplexing to handle requests against
> snappy's
> // packages api
> func (h *Handler) MakeMuxer(prefix string) http.Handler {
> ..
>
> Is this API something that is part of a base installation of snappy or
> webdm itself? Is it intended to be used by other snaps than webdm, and if
> so, is it documented?
That API is available when using Go and I would recommend not using it,
more so if targeting multiple releases as trunk == rolling features
which may break on stable.

> The reason I'm asking is that I'm wondering what I should build my
> framework snap on top of for doing package operations.
> I have no problems using the snappy CLI, but I just wanted to check if
> there is a "more official" (e.g. http API) method first.

You can start out with the REST api
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~snappy-dev/webdm/trunk/view/head:/README.md

This API will indeed change and is under redesign to be part of the OS
itself and not webdm.