Snappy ubuntu core question

Alexander Sack asac at canonical.com
Tue Jan 27 09:53:31 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 5:33 AM, 左宝柱 <zuobaozhu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>     I'm a  pcDuino software enginner.We are very interesting in developing
> snappy ubuntu core system.We hope our user can use this system easily.I have
> some question :
> 1,If the develop board have screen output,which desktop would you recommend?

Snappy doesn't come with a desktop environment readily available that
you can put on top of Ubuntu Core right now. Over time this is likely
going to change, but for now we focused on headless experience and
made the webdm framework as a starting point available.

> 2,Snappy is aimed as smart device platform and smart home solution.but
> whether there is  some demo which  we can refer to ?

I have seen exciting efforts of partners and community to make such
"more complete home automation solutions" available for snappy Ubuntu
Core, but they are not yet in store. If you need something to
preinstalled, use webdm to get a basic app store experience that can
be accessed through webbrowser.

 - Alexander