Snappy on Digital Ocean

Jim Kopps techtheory at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 16:59:53 UTC 2015

Can snappy currently be run and developed for on a Digital Ocean droplet? I
have tried getting it going on an Ubuntu 14.04 droplet with 4g of ram, but
have had no luck.

 I have been using the KVM on Linux approach and problems arise when trying
to launch the kvm virtual machine. Perhaps trying to run kvm on kvm is
creating the problem? Or, it appears from the errors that I am seeing, that
the lack of a desktop might be an issue, but snappy is all cli, so, maybe
not.

At any rate, I am willing to keep plugging away if there is a belief that
it can be done, but I might need a little direction on what to look at
next. If it is better for everyone involved that I just abandon this
approach, that is good too.

Thanks much,

Jim Kopps

--