Too big for 4GB card

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Fri Feb 13 00:58:43 UTC 2015

On jueves 12 de febrero de 2015 22h'25:51 BRST, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> It would be good to reduce the snappy image size just a little bit.
> I have a Kingston MicroSD card that self-reports as 4GB, but it
> is not large enough to hold the image. I had to take a few MB
> out from the last partition to make it work.

I totally agree! I just haven't figured out what a "bit" is; I guess I we
can be on the safe side and say 4GB is going to 3.9GB (-100MB to be on the
safe side given the plethora of devices).

Is that a good number?

Ogra, you gave me a long explanation on variation; is +/-100MB a good σ
expected on the population of sdcards around?