USB support

Loïc Minier loic.minier at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 4 16:12:19 UTC 2015

Hi there,

First on the support of your actual webcam: where are you seeing the
"device vxxx pyyy is not supported" message? Typical USB webcams are USB
video device class, so they are all supported in the same mechanism
(typically via a kernel interface called v4l2 and corresponding libraries).

Second, on usage with snappy, this should be possible today as an
unconfined snap, and we're working at allowing your snap to declare it
requires access to specific USB devices. More on this soon  :-)

Cheers,