Snappy Ubuntu Core and updating on the Raspberry Pi 2

Niklas Wenzel nikwen.developer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 12:08:55 UTC 2015

Hi Loïc,

Thank you for your reply.

Given that the Raspberry Pi 2 is presented as one of the officially
supported platforms in the documentation [1], what is currently keeping
Canonical from adding the Raspberry Pi 2 builds to their already
existing image server?
I recently went ahead and bought one just to try Snappy Ubuntu Core on
it and it's quite frustrating that you have to set up an image server
yourself in order to be able to upgrade your installation, which I
consider to be part of the basic functionality of any OS, especially on
a supported platform.

When can we expect the official image server to be launched?

Cheers,
Niklas

[1] https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/