Impossible to start Virtualbox image

Nick McCloud nick at descartes.co.uk
Tue Apr 21 11:28:01 UTC 2015

I have it working on Virtual Box 4.3.26 on my MacBook running Mac OS X 10.10.3

Had to turn off the PAE before it worked: Settings -> System -> Processor -> Enable PAE/NX checkbox - turn it off.

It gets stuck at the ‘rapl domains’  line but then eventually times out and you can login.

However VMware Fusion and ESXi 5.5 also get stuck on the same line, Fusion eventually times out but then won’t let you login - you can type the user and then the password but it reverts to the login. I tried briefly with ESXi but ran out of time. This uses the same OVA so rather bizarre!

Nick