Running on real hardware...

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Dec 13 06:33:03 UTC 2014

Is there an Ubuntu Core mailing list?  I just realized my questions
aren't really about snappy.

Just for fun, I tried installing Ubuntu Core on real hardware.
It booted fine.   The kernel module for my network device (forcedeth)
wasn't included in the image, but I lucked out; I have a box of old
ne2k's, and after I plugged one in, I was online.

Next step is to try to bring up real opengl; the nvidia driver
wants gcc before it'll even try to install itself.  I'm sure
there will be plenty of fun before I can bring up X :-)

What's the build process for Ubuntu Core - presumably
it's a script that's run on a standard Ubuntu Server instance
to pickle it?
- Dan