exposing more of systemd to snappy packages

Kapil Thangavelu kapil.thangavelu at canonical.com
Wed Dec 10 15:39:41 UTC 2014

at the moment we're generating systemd from package metadata.yaml (we used
to just include unit files in the package). i assume that's so we could
embed/generate the right invocations for app armor and paths. But there's
quite a lot of functionality that packages are giving up as a result,
cron/timer and one off scripts come to mind. is there any chance we can
expose more of this back to packages either via additional yaml translation
or direct systemd conf sections for merge.

cheers,

Kapil