snapcraft maven plugin with custom path

Luca Capra luca.capra at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 09:48:31 UTC 2016

Hi all,
the maven plugin in snapcfraft (2?) checks if at least a jar or a war is
available in the target folder.

https://github.com/ubuntu-core/snapcraft/blob/master/snapcraft/plugins/maven.py#L73

In my case I have a parent pom.xml and various subfolder but no target
folder.
In practice I should be able to copy all or a selection of those subfolder
jar.

May this become a property supported by snapcraft?

As an example it may work similarly to the `filesets` property but with
glob.
The default remains the current operation set. No matches causes the
current exception to be thrown.
It would be backward compatible either

op:
  # ...
  plugin: maven
  maven-options: [ -DskipTests ]
  maven-target:
    subproject1/target/*.jar : ./app-plugins/
    subproject2/target/big.war : app.war
#    target/*.jar : ./ # default
#    target/*.war : ./  # default

Thank you