Running Qt/QML applications on latest Snappy

Sharmad_Naik at Dell.com Sharmad_Naik at Dell.com
Tue Oct 13 16:08:29 UTC 2015

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
Hi Ted,
               I get the following error
(amd64)ubuntu at localhost:~$ sudo dcm.omiserver
/apps/dcm.sideload/9.1.0/opt/omi-1.0.8/bin/omiserv.wrapper: 5: exec: /apps/dcm.sideload/9.1.0/./opt/omi-1.0.8/bin/omiserv: Permission denied

Please suggest on how to work about this?

-Sharmad
From: snappy-app-devel-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com [mailto:snappy-app-devel-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Ted Gould
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 8:41 PM
To: snappy-app-devel at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: Running Qt/QML applications on latest Snappy

On Sat, 2015-10-10 at 14:56 -0400, Darren Landoll wrote:

I've been working with the latest versions of Snappy core and Mir to try getting a Qt/QML application running successfully. Not sure if this list or mir-devel is the best place for this topic, so starting here first.

So I'm assuming the Mir related things will be picked up on the mir-devel list, but just to cover some "fun" Qt and QML stuff. Basically you need a large number of environment variables. You can see the list in the QML Snapcraft plugin:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~snappy-dev/snapcraft/core/view/head:/snapcraft/plugins/qml.py#L78

What I'd recommend is actually using that plugin to build your snap, instead of using deb2snap, so then you'll get all of those environment variables for "free". There is an example of doing this in the snapcraft codebase here:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~snappy-dev/snapcraft/core/view/head:/examples/qmldemo/snapcraft.yaml

Then you can just setup copy for your QML files. We also have CMake and other Snapcraft plugins depending on how your build works.

Ted