ANN: snapcraft 0.6 is now available

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Tue Dec 1 20:31:45 UTC 2015

Snapcraft 0.6 is now available
Hi all,

We are happy to announce this release new version (0.6) of snapcraft:
https://launchpad.net/snapcraft/+milestone/0.6

This is mostly a bug fixing and polishing release.

To consume the latest snapcraft release on ubuntu, we suggest you install
snapcraft package from the snappy tools release ppa:

    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:snappy-dev/tools
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install snapcraft

If you prefer to keep tracking our daily trunk builds, use our
tools-proposed ppa:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:snappy-dev/tools-proposed
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install snapcraft

If you don't want to consume the examples from the source branch you can
also get them from the ppas above:

    sudo apt-get install snapcraft-examples

After installing this you can find them in
/usr/share/doc/snapcraft-examples/examples

To get the source for this release check it out at
https://github.com/ubuntu-core/snapcraft/releases/tag/0.6

A great place to collaborate and discuss features, bugs and ideas on
snapcraft is snappy-app-devel mailing list (URL) or directly in the #snappy
channel on irc.freenode.net.

To file bugs, please go to
https://github.com/ubuntu-core/snapcraft/issues/new.

I hope to we see you in the next snapcraft related snappy clinic where we
will be going over most of these new additions.

Happy snapcrafting,
 - Sergio and the team