Man page for snappy

Bill Merriam lists at billmerriam.com
Mon Aug 31 20:02:39 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-08-31 at 09:45 -0700, Manik Taneja wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 9:38 AM, Bill Merriam <lists at billmerriam.com>
> wrote:
>         I notice there is no "man snappy" available.  Is there a
>         snappy
>         equivalent, something that explains the snappy commands and
>         the various
>         options?  Can someone make a snappy application that explains
>         the snappy
>         command?
> Are  you looking at any commands in particular? snappy --help or
> snappy <cmd> --help will help
>
> explain the command and its options!

I tried "snappy help", I didn't think to try "snappy --help".

Part of my confusion was the snappy command is either used on a desktop
to build snappy apps, or, as was my case, on a snappy appliance to
install apps.

I don't really have an objective with Snappy, I am just exploring new
technology.

I just bought a Beagle Bone Black to try Snappy Core.  I installed to a
32GB SDHC card.  The BBB has a 4GB eMMC which has Angstrom installed.
Rather than modifying anything on the eMMC I used the tiny boot button
to boot snappy.  It runs great but is only using 4GB on the SDHC card
and I quickly run out of room installing docker images.  I could,
perhaps, put the SDHC card in another machine and enlarge the fourth,
OEM, partition on the card, to use for experimenting.

I was thinking I was going to use the BBB to build snappy apps but I
think I have that wrong.  I now think I am supposed to use a desktop
system to build my app.  To distribute an appliance I would think I
would want to move snappy and my app from the SDHC card to the eMMC on
the BBB.

I have asked no questions so far.  I will ask one.  Should I build a
"native snappy app" or build a docker image for it?

Can I run a VPN like openVPN or Strongswan on snappy?  What should I be
reading to help me understand these issues?

Thanks.
Bill