modprobe blacklist

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Fri Apr 24 14:57:32 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 8:19 AM, Dustin Kirkland <kirkland at canonical.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Myles Caley <myles at firstbuild.com> wrote:
> > What is the snappy way of blacklist’ing usb devices? I remounted the
> active
> > root filesystem r/w and added my blacklist to /etc/modprobe.d. I know
> this
> > is incorrect, but wasn’t sure if there was a more proper way of doing
> this.
> > There are some linux kernel boot params to blacklist things as well….
>
> Good question, Myles.  That's pretty much exactly what I've done, but
> surely there's a more Snappy way of doing this.
>
> Any ideas, Alexander, Leann, or Loic?

I've consulted with my team and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a
more elegant way to go about this.  Of course if you have your own device
tarball you can remove/disable the modules through a variety of ways as
Myles already alluded to.  I know some of us will be face to face next
week, so lets throw this on the agenda as a topic to discuss.

Thanks,
Leann