Please help us review snappy docs

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Thu Apr 30 10:37:28 UTC 2015

On 04/28/2015 10:44 AM, Loïc Minier wrote:
> Indeed, there's no installer yet, but that's a highly desired feature!

It's a low hanging fruit though:
http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardUbuntu#Flasher

If nobody else wants to I could take a look at integrating that as a
feature of the snappy BBB image.
For that someone would need to confirm though if the device.tar.xz is
still up to date here, or if I should use something else:
https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/guides/porting/

Or I can just stuff the script into a snap package… I guess if you use
sudo a snap packaged script would no longer be confined and could access
block devices?

While we're at it, it would be nice if someone could enlighten me as to
how the x86_64 images are built. I looked through the porting page and
didn't see it. (I need to rebuild it as pretty much all embedded x86
hardware seems to use UEFI and the image comes with EFS partition but
without the EFI binaries.)

Cheers

Thomas