Meta-packages for snaps

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Fri Mar 24 23:40:01 UTC 2017

On 25/03/17 00:27, mhall119 wrote:
> Usually you would include all related tools in the same snap. Is there a
> need to having them separate if they all need to be installed together?

Mostly that they don't technically _need_ to all be together.  I mean, why not
split stuff up if its components can be provided independently, allowing the
user to pick what bits they want (or not)?

Maybe I'm hanging on too much to the deb world, but multiple independent
packages with a meta-package to provide the recommended collection, seems like a
good pattern in general.  But from your answer, I take it that it's not
currently possible?