bluepy-helper not being built using

Maarten Ectors maarten.ectors at
Tue Mar 21 10:15:28 UTC 2017

Hi Mritunjai,

I made the snap for an IoT Berlin demo. I remember making several Bluetooth
sensortag intends before I got one working. Not sure  it was this snap or
another one I got working. I must admit that Bluetooth hasn't been playing
nice during my snap efforts :-(

On 20 Mar 2017 12:56 p.m., "Mritunjai Singh" <mrsingh at> wrote:

Kindly confirm if anyone has got sensortag snap[
mectors/sensortag] working on Raspberry Pi Board with Ubuntu Core as I am
struggling to make it work using snap as that snap is not building the
bluepy-helper. Can anyone suggest the alternative approach to resolve the

Any help will be appreciated.

From: Mritunjai Singh
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:15 PM
To: 'Snapcraft at' <Snapcraft at>
Subject: bluepy-helper not being built using

I am trying to use the sensortag snap available on github [] to get the data from TI sensor and
posting these sensor data to cloud using our proprietary SDK APIs. I am
successfully able to build and install the sensortag snap and also
connected the snap to bluetooth-control to make sure that the snap has

I am following the available with the snap.

-          Build and install of the sensortag snap successful.

-          sensortag.sensortag-init 7C:01:91:72:63:32 successful

-          sensortag.sensortag-in  giving error messages shown below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/snap/sensortag/x1/bin/sensortag", line 11, in <module>
  File "/snap/sensortag/x1/lib/python3.5/site-packages/bluepy/",
line 416, in main
    tag = SensorTag(
  File "/snap/sensortag/x1/lib/python3.5/site-packages/bluepy/",
line 331, in __init__
  File "/snap/sensortag/x1/lib/python3.5/site-packages/bluepy/",
line 318, in __init__
    self.connect(deviceAddr, addrType, iface)
  File "/snap/sensortag/x1/lib/python3.5/site-packages/bluepy/",
line 353, in connect
  File "/snap/sensortag/x1/lib/python3.5/site-packages/bluepy/",
line 210, in _startHelper
  File "/snap/sensortag/x1/usr/lib/python3.5/", line 947, in
    restore_signals, start_new_session)
  File "/snap/sensortag/x1/usr/lib/python3.5/", line 1551, in
    raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:

After some research it looks like that snap is not able to build the the
"sensortag/parts/bluepy/buildbluepy-helper.c" and thus the bluepy-helper
object is not created during the install of bluepy.
            I can see that there is a bluepy-helper.c file but no object. bluepy-helper.c bluez-src.tgz Makefile bluez-5.29 __pycache__ uuids.json

If I run make manually within the folder the objects are created. bluepy-helper.c bluez-src.tgz Makefile bluepy-helper bluez-5.29 __pycache__

Compiling bluepy-helper works as expected but it is not copied to the build
directory and thus not installed.

It seems to be known issue as shown in links below:

Can anyone help me resolve this issue.

Snapcraft mailing list
Snapcraft at
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: