Vala and Snapcraft. Issues with a library part in Vala.

Luca Dionisi luca.dionisi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 18:34:00 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 4:49 PM, Michael Hall <mhall119 at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> The compiler should automatically look for it in ./stage/ but you need
> to make sure that your library is listed in the after: [] stanza on your
> application part, so that it will be built and staged for your app to use.

That I already did. The vapi file *is* in ./stage/share/vala/vapi/.
Does it need to be directly in ./stage/?

Maybe I should also say that in fact I have a library X that needs
another library Y and both are in Vala. I think it does not matter,
though.

I use the autotools plugin (for the app part) and it issues this command:
  /usr/bin/valac -H mylib-x.h --library mylib-x --pkg mylib-y -C
main.vala more.vala

So, there is nothing telling the compiler to search for mylib-y.vapi
in ./stage... Or is there an env-variable that should do it?

> There's an example you can look at here:
> https://github.com/ubuntu/snappy-playpen/blob/pantheon-mail/pantheon-mail/snapcraft.yaml

I am having a look, but it is different in that it uses cmake. I don't
know how to use cmake.

--Luca