Vala and Snapcraft. Issues with a library part in Vala.

Luca Dionisi luca.dionisi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 15:37:13 UTC 2017

I want to prepare a snap for a software written in Vala.
It needs a library written in Vala too.

I made a 'part' that depends on another one with 'after'.

The library part is pulled, built and staged.
When it tries to build the app part, the file .vapi is not found by the
vala-compiler.

The vapi file is present in ./stage/share/vala/vapi and also in
./parts/[mylibpart]/install/share/vala/vapi.

Which one should the compiler be instructed to look at?

And why doesn't it? Is Vala support not present yet or do I
miss something in the snapcraft.yaml?

--Luca