Relationship between snaps and containers, if any

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Thu Jan 26 13:55:55 UTC 2017

It seems that the most common way to deploy Docker is by mapping ports out
of the private IP addresses into the local host's public IP, which means
it's completely analogous to multiple processes in the same host. Even when
assigning the docker container to an external IP, a commonly recommended
means the public IP is sitting on the external host. E.g.:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26539727/giving-a-
docker-container-a-routable-ip-address

That also maps exactly to just asking the process bind to the particular IP.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net