CUPS in a snap: avahi-daemon needed

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 17:29:54 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am currently snapping CUPS (both for server and for desktop/phone
printing needs) and testing it on Ubuntu Core.

Here I have found out that there is no avahi-daemon (which CUPS needs
for sharing local printers and for discovering remote network printers.

Now I want to know what I have to do. Is there already a snap of
avahi-daemon? How can I make it a dependency of the CUPS snap? What have
I to do with the CUPS snap so that I can actually use the avahi-daemon snap?

If there is no avahi-daemon snap, do I need to ship avahi-daemon with
the CUPS snap?

Is there anyone who needs avahi-daemon for his snap and has solved the
problem already? If yes, how?

    Till