Yet more issues snapping

gareth.france at cliftonts.co.uk gareth.france at cliftonts.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 08:43:25 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-23 21:44, Leo Arias wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 2:53 AM,  <gareth.france at cliftonts.co.uk>
> wrote:
> It is ok now thank you. I have had some excellent help and can use what
> now have to aid me going forward. It is those first few steps that seem
> impossible.
>
> Hey Gareth, I'm happy to see you got it working.
>
> It would be really useful if you could help us improving the
> documentation from the things you learned these past weeks. Maybe some
> of the text should be clearer, or a few things are missing an
> explanation. We happily accept pull requests for the docs in
> https://github.com/snapcore/snapcraft/tree/master/docs, and another
> useful resource is to answer your own questions in askubuntu.com once
> you know the answer.
>
> pura vida.
> --
> ¡paz y baile!
> http://www.ubuntu.com

Hi,
Thanks for suggesting this, however the problem is that I really don't
understand anything still. I should explain I'm dyspraxic and so I have
my own methods for learning which work for me and I often find the way
this stuff is presented is just a struggle for me. Some very helpful
people have helped me package 2 python scripts, one terminal based and
one gtk so on a basic level I can now do that. However I am able to
include packages in the gtk version but not in the terminal version due
to the way the snapcraft.yaml is layed out. I need to add one but don't
know enough yet to modify the file and nobody has yet stepped forward to
provide the answer.

I work far better through the doing rather than tons of reading and
given a little more help will start to have an understanding of the
methods but I'm not quite there yet. So although I'd love to identify
some ways to improve the documentation I really can't until I know the
answers myself.

Gareth