Issue with classic snap on 14.04 that uses systemd scripts

Adam Stokes adam.stokes at canonical.com
Tue Jan 24 14:44:54 UTC 2017

I've got a working classic snap on 16.04 that utilizes a oneshot systemd
service for making sure my iptables and network bridge is persisted through
reboots.

When attempting to get the same snap working on 14.04 I run into a snap
install error:

ubuntu at darthbawlz:~$ sudo snap install conjure-up --classic --edge
error: cannot perform the following tasks:
- Start snap "conjure-up" (34) services ([start
snap.conjure-up.bridge.service] failed with exit status 1: Job for
snap.conjure-up.bridge.service failed. See 'systemctl status
snap.conjure-up.bridge.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
)
ubuntu at darthbawlz:~$ systemctl status snap.conjure-up.bridge.service
snap.conjure-up.bridge.service
   Loaded: error (Reason: No such file or directory)
   Active: failed (Result: core-dump) since Tue 2017-01-24 13:52:32 UTC; 47s ago
 Main PID: 1548 (code=dumped, signal=SEGV)

This is on snapd 2.21 from trusty-proposed and my snapcraft repo is @
https://github.com/conjure-up/conjure-up-snap

Is there something I need to be doing different to get those systemd
scripts working on trusty?

Also a side note: We need more hooks for things like cleaning up
iptables rules if I uninstall conjure-up. I know we want to keep snap
building simple but deb packaging has maintainer scripts for this very
reason. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/snappy/+bug/1611638 but expanded
to things like postrm etc)