classic snap fails to find libraries

Leo Arias leo.arias at canonical.com
Tue Jan 24 03:49:19 UTC 2017

After reading the other thread about a similar issue, I moved my
libraries to stage-packages and that worked.

My problem now is that ssh can't call a binary from a snap, it will
only work using the full path. Let's say I have the hello snap
installed in 192.168.122.24. Then:

elopio at ubuntu-xenial:~/mosh$ ssh 192.168.122.24 hello
elopio at 192.168.122.24's password:
bash: hello: command not found
elopio at ubuntu-xenial:~/mosh$ ssh 192.168.122.24 /snap/bin/hello
elopio at 192.168.122.24's password:
Hello, world!

I seem to remember that there was a bug open about this, but I can't
find it. Anyone remembers what's the problem here?

This is not blocking the mosh snap, but in order to make it work one
would have to call it like this:

mosh 192.168.122.24 --server=/snap/bin/mosh-server

after enabling the alias.