ANN: snap for TLA+Toolbox

Andrew Wilkins andrew.wilkins at canonical.com
Fri Jan 20 06:09:15 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

I've recently been re-living my misspent university days learning about
modelling complex systems and model-checking. In particular, I've been
reading about TLA+ (Temporal Logic of Actions) [0], a language conceived by
Leslie Lamport, and playing with the TLA+Toolbox. The TLA+Toolbox is an
Eclipse-based IDE for defining specifications and checking models against
them.

I have snapped the TLA+Toolbox application; the snap is called "tlaplus".
If you're interested in this area at all, I can recommend the TLA+
Hyperbook [1] (or what I've read of it so far, anyway). Please let me know
of any problems you encounter using the snap. I know for one thing that the
hyperlinks from the IDE do not work.

Cheers,
Andrew

[0] https://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/lamport/tla/tla.html