Error using custom image

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 19 17:18:19 UTC 2017

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 19.01.2017, 09:08 -0800 schrieb Luke Williams:
> That fixed it for the most part. Now we are getting dropped to a
> maintenance shell saying that our /lib/modules/ directory is empty. I
> feel this might have something to do with how we are building the
> kernel itself.

so how do you build the kernel yourself ?

note that you should use snapcraft and the kernel plugin to properly
create a snap of it, which will put the modules in the right places.

this snap you then hand to ubuntu-image with the --extra-snaps option
when creating the signed image ...

https://docs.ubuntu.com/core/en/guides/build-device/image-building

describes this process in detail ...

ciao