Signing snaps with your own keys on your own local store.

nitin mahendru nitin.mahendru88 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 15:48:17 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the world of snaps and am pretty excited to learn more about
it.

I am trying to run ubuntu core on a Raspberry pi and I want to securely
update snaps which run on it.

What I want to do is:

1. Build my own snap
2. upload it to my own instance of a snap store where while uploading it
can be signed using a keypair that I provide.
3. Run snap install on my raspberry Pi to install the snap I uploaded into
my store. This should involve signature verification with my own public key.

I can't seem to find the source code for a snap store. I found this
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AppStore/Interfaces/ClickPackageIndex

Then I also found this implementation https://github.com/noise/snapstore
but that doesn't seem to serve my purpose.

Do you guys know of a propper implementation for the snapstore ? I am
trying to get past point 2 above.

Thanks in advance.

cheers!
Nitin