[System Enablement] New releases: wifi-ap=10 pulseaudio=8.0-3

Simon Fels simon.fels at canonical.com
Wed Jan 4 17:18:38 UTC 2017

On 04.01.2017 17:10, Jon Melamut wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 4, 2017, Simon Fels <simon.fels at canonical.com
> <mailto:simon.fels at canonical.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hey everyone,
>
>     A new release of the wifi-ap and pulseaudio snaps were pushed into
>     the candidate channel. This release includes several improvements
>     for both snaps.
>
>     wifi-ap:
>
>     * Switched to a unix domain socket instead of a local TCP endpoint
>     to provide secure access to the management service REST API endpoint
>     via a content interface based slot.
>
>     * The management service now controls the access point process
>     directly instead of both being two independent systemd service
>     units. This makes coordination and application of configuration
>     changes a lot easier.
>
>     * New wifi-ap.status command is now available which shows the
>     current status of the AP.
>
>     * Improve configuration wizard which now has an auto mode as well
>     which is executed directly after the installation of the snap to
>     provide an out-of-the-box experience and directly spawn up an access
>     point users can connect to. Wizard can be manually invoked too and
>     guides the user through the configuration of the access point.
>
> Does the snap contain a wizard itself or is this support for a wizard to
> be written by another party to drive the setup & configuration process?

The snap provides a command line based wizard which can be run in either
manual or auto mode. The manual mode will ask the user a few questions
to set everything up and the auto mode will examine the system to take
the right decision on which interfaces, IP configuration to use
automatically. In the end the wizard uses the same REST API as every
other client can use as well. So a 3rd party snap can create its own
wizard implementation too.

In the future (once snapcraft has support for hooks) we will add
configuration to the snap itself as well to provide the ability for
users to customize the configuration of the AP from the gadget snap
(custom SSID, ...)

Hope that helps.

regards,
Simon