Issues generating snap

Gareth France gareth.france at cliftonts.co.uk
Tue Jan 3 18:39:34 UTC 2017

On 03/01/17 12:14, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
> Well it eases me to know that we test this as an autopackage test and
> I just ran this in a clean yakkety container to double check
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/23733207/
>
> Is there some missing bit of information here?
I don't know, you tell me. It has always frustrated me that it is
physically not possible to package programs to release in the
repositories. I tried, failed, paid someone to package it and somehow
still managed to fail! When I started looking into snaps this week it
seemed to be a much easier process but alas still it does not work and
nobody seems to be able to tell me why. There does not seem to be any
documentation on fault finding at all.

The instructions tell me to install snapcraft and build-essential, then
run snapcraft in the directory for this program. I have done this and
provided the result here. I do not know anything more to add.