Thinking of installing snap on Debian due to scarcity of snap packages for armhf

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 3 13:08:26 UTC 2017

On 03/01/17 15:02, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> An important note by the Arch Wiki is
> "Warning: snap-confine is built with the --disable-apparmor option;
> full confinement relies on an AppArmor enabled kernel with Ubuntu's
> Linux 4.4 patchset applied and a related profile for the snap." -
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Snapd#Installation
>
> I guess this is something upstream/vendors should know about snaps and
> other distros, at least about Arch Linux.

My understanding is that Arch doesn't have a standard mac-based security
framework enabled; if that's incorrect we'd be glad to work together to
enable full security for confined snaps on Arch!

Also, with the new 'classic' mode, there will be a range of utility
snaps that are not sand-boxed on Ubuntu either, but are still very
useful and no doubt just as useful to Arch users and developers as well.

Mark