Interface management in the context of snap in a classical Debian install

Luther Goh Lu Feng elfgoh at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 08:39:54 UTC 2017

I am considering the scenario where snap is installed in a classical Debian install. I intend to package my golang web service in a snap. The web service may have some dependencies that are present in the debian repository, but not available as a snap. Examples could be a database like influxdb, or a reverse proxy like nginx.

My question is: how will the snap be interfacing with non snap software in the context of interfaces[1]? Is there an example?

I understand that it will be more ideal if the dependencies are also snaps, but this may not be possible in the near future. Please advise implications and other alternative implementations. Thanks.

-- Luther
[1] http://snapcraft.io/docs/core/interfaces