lxc not working in classic on pi?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Jan 2 19:57:45 UTC 2017

I have a script from a classic ubuntu environment
that wants to be able to create lxc containers
on the fly.  I tried running it on ubuntu core on the pi3,
in the classic environment, but it failed:

(classic)user at localhost:~$ sudo apt install lxc
(classic)user at localhost:~$ sudo lxc-create -n foo -t download
lxc-create: utils.c: get_template_path: 1394 No such file or directory
- bad template: download
(classic)user at localhost:~$ sudo apt install lxc-templates
(classic)user at localhost:~$ sudo lxc-create -n foo -t download
lxc-create: lxccontainer.c: create_run_template: 1290 container
creation template for foo failed

I guess I can live without isolating my jobs in lxc
when running on pi for now, but this seems like a fidelity problem in
the classic environment.