HowTo: How to create a snap for a Python app with networking using snapcraft in Ubuntu 16.04

Didier Roche didrocks at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 27 08:30:36 UTC 2017

Le 17/02/2017 à 15:47, Didier Roche a écrit :
> Le 15/02/2017 à 16:33, Simos Xenitellis a écrit :

>>> This really looks awesome! Thanks Simos :)
>>>
>>> I'll add some very small tweaking, but after a first look, it's very a
>>> nice first shot. Well done :)
>>> I'll keep you posted with a diff so that you can see what small
>>> modifications I made to be more coherent with the other ones.
>>>
>> Thanks, looking forward to reading the changes.
> And here we go:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cvXAZRkmKExNIOXMUQihQrd8dNZK6f8v4wk020NymuI/edit#.
> I did find your tutorial to be so good, that I changed its destination
> to be the default "use python plugin" one. Due to that, I removed the
> "explain what snap/snapcraft is and publish to the store" parts, as they
> are already covered in other base tutorials (and we want to create a
> coherent story). I added of course the pre-requisite on them and
> formatted some stuff to be inline with our current one.
>
> Note, this is a draft, I didn't take the time to reread it yet (so
> probably, a lot of typos and such, but I prefer to reread it on Monday
> with a clear brain and fresh eye on this). I tried to explain the major
> difference I've made (and what did divert originaly from the tutorials
> guidelines) as comments on the doc.
> Do not hesitate to ask (the document is opened for comments) if anything
> isn't clear or if you have ideas to improve it. I hope most of my
> changes and my comments will make sense.
>
> If you feel those changes are good, we can publish it next week, and
> wait eagerly for your next tutorial! (Maybe we can work together on
> deciding first the layout, main titles and separations if you want)
>
> Thanks again for your awesome work here!

For those who followed that thread, with the modifications we discussed
above (and some more exchanges with Simos on google doc comments), we do
have that tutorial, focusing on how to snap a python application
published here: https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/snap-python-app

Congrats again Simos, well done, and looking for more :)
Cheers,
Didier