[Dragonboard410c] Ubuntu OS Build Issues, and Support

Paolo Pisati paolo.pisati at canonical.com
Wed Feb 22 10:24:52 UTC 2017

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 10:19:25AM +0100, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> > The AppArmor patches that we ported from theĀ
> > http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ppisati/ubuntu-vivid.git/tree/arch/arm/c
> > onfigs/snappy?h=snappy_v3.10
> >
> > are for the linux kernel 3.10.
> >
> > But the kernel that we are referring to is from 96boards - linux
> > kernel 4.4.
>
> this is definitely wrong, for 4.4 kernels you indeed need to use a 4.4
> patch set, another thing for paolo to answer (i'm not even sure you
> need any patches at all on a 4.4 kernel, all bits might be in-tree
> already and just some config options might be enough)...

Unfortunately he is not using our Xenial kernel, so he still needs some patches
for AA - here's a updated delta of patches on top of stable/linux-4.4.y:

https://github.com/piso77/sample-kernels/commits/stable-4.4.y

depending of the 4.4.x revision you are using, if you apply all the patches
above the "Linux 4.4.50" commit, you will  get all you need.
--
bye,
p.