Pi2 and 3 image improvements (GLES, GPIO)

Santosh Mahto santosh.mahto at canonical.com
Sat Feb 18 12:52:28 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Same issue happening with me now as faced by Alejandro,
H/W : rpi3
I used latest core from edge channel then installed mir-libs(edge, devmode)
, mir-kiosk(edge, devmode)
and mir-kiosk-apps(edge, devmode)  with disconnect/connect/disable/enable
mentioned in wiki.

But I don't see neither mir-kiosk nor mir-kiosk-apps is recognised as valid
command.
(just to mention I tried only with mir-kiosk and mir-libs only but no
success, and also tried to build locally(on rpi)  mir-libs but it fails to
find libmiral2 for xenail)

Here is the info :
*snap list *
Name                  Version                         Rev   Developer  Notes
amazon-webapp         1.4                             x1
devmode
*core                  16.04.1                         1226  canonical  -*
*mir-kiosk             0.1                             28    canonical
 devmode*
*mir-kiosk-apps        0.1                             11    canonical
 -devmode*
*mir-libs              0.1                             22    canonical
 devmode*
*network-manager       1.2.2-10                        72    canonical  -*
oxide-digitalsignage  1                               5     penk
devmode
pi2-kernel            4.4.0-1030-3                    22    canonical  -
pi3                   16.04-0.5                       6     canonical  -
pulseaudio            8.0-3                           12    canonical  -
testdemo              1.0                             x1
devmode
ubuntu-app-platform   1                               36    canonical
 devmode

*$snap interfaces | grep mir*

*:network
 amazon-webapp,mir-kiosk-apps,oxide-digitalsignage,pulseaudio,testdemo,webbrowser-app*
*:opengl
amazon-webapp,mir-kiosk,mir-kiosk-apps,oxide-digitalsignage,testdemo,webbrowser-app*
*mir-kiosk:mir                 amazon-webapp,mir-kiosk-apps*
*mir-libs:mir-libs             mir-kiosk,mir-kiosk-apps*
-                                 testdemo:mir

Initially I was running testdemo and getting following error which lead me
to track mir-kiosk
$testdemo
[QPA] UbuntuClientIntegration: connection to Mir server failed.

Mir returned: "Failed to connect to server socket: No such file or
directory"

Any suggestion whats going wrong here.

Regards
Santosh