New stable "core" and "ubuntu-core" snaps released

Manik Taneja manik at canonical.com
Fri Feb 17 03:20:48 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 12:15 PM, Max Brustkern <max.brustkern at canonical.com
> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Michael Vogt <michael.vogt at canonical.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> The Snappy team is happy to announce the promotion of snapd 2.22.2
>> from the candidate channel to stable in both the "core" and
>> "ubuntu-core" snaps. It will also be available via the regular apt
>> update mechanism in Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04 and 16.10. Other distributions
>> will follow on their own schedule.
>>

> I'd like to trigger tests to run when new core snaps are available in the
> stable and candidate channels. What's the best way to check that?

i suspect that you will like to run tests after installing a newer rev of a
snap from the candidate/stable channels. at the moment, i believe your
best option is to poll the store for a newer revision. once available,
update the device explicitly using snap refresh <snap-name> and than
run whatever tests you like. if its a snap that you published yourself, you
could run hooks on install automatically that can trigger whatever tests
you like.
moving forward, we will need to work on a better approach via
push-notifications (perhaps) that will tell a device about a new revision
and also allow
the capability to install it immediately, instead of waiting for the next
update-timer to kick in.

/manik