snapd available in Trusty Tahr

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Fri Feb 10 19:39:28 UTC 2017

On 08/02/17 17:15, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> On 07/02/17 21:17, Thomas Voß wrote:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server-lts-xenial/+bug/1655724
>> was released to the updates pocket today.
>
> Thanks!  I'll hopefully be able to report back to you tomorrow whether all works
> as expected.

Just to confirm: today I was able to successfully install snapd on Ubuntu 14.04,
with just the regular repositories enabled (no -proposed).  I was then able to
successfully install and run snap packages (after a restart to ensure the PATH
variable included /snap/bin).

Unfortunately being able to do this revealed some rather fundamental problems
with the 'universality' of my LDC snap, but more on that in another thread ... ;-)

Thanks to everyone who got snapd ported successfully to 14.04!