snapd available in Trusty Tahr

XiaoGuo Liu xiaoguo.liu at canonical.com
Thu Feb 9 04:02:48 UTC 2017

Hi,

I just tried to install the snapd and installed a hello-world snap app on
14.04 desktop. However, I found a problem. When I un the hello-world, it
shows:

liuxg at liuxg:/snap/bin$ hello-world
hello-world: command not found

Which means that /snap/bin path is not added to the path after installing
the core. Also, when I run it under the /snap/bin, it shows:

liuxg at liuxg:/snap/bin$ ./hello-world
ERROR: ld.so: object '/lib/$LIB/liblsp.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot
be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/lib/$LIB/liblsp.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot
be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
Hello World!

My desktop info is:

liuxg at liuxg:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 14.04
Codename: trusty

liuxg at liuxg:~$ snap list
Name         Version  Rev  Developer  Notes
core         16.04.1  888  canonical  -
hello-world  6.3      27   canonical  -

Thanks & best regards,
XiaoGuo

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 5:35 AM, Andrew Mason <
andrew at miniatureworldmaker.com.au> wrote:

> Awesome, i am going to give this a try!
>
> On 8 February 2017 8:01:30 am ACDT, Manik Taneja <manik at canonical.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 12:36 PM, Mark Shuttleworth <mark at ubuntu.com>
>> wrote:

>>> xenial/+bug/1655724
>>>
>>> Congrats! Quick feedback from folks with Trusty (14.04 LTS) systems,
>>> cloud or desktop, would be welcome. Pick a favorite snap and take it for
>>> a spin.
>>>
>> The experience is very clean now. I just tried on AWS and have RocketChat
>> up and
>> running-
>>
>> [image: Inline image 1]
>> Kudos to everyone involved in delivering this!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Manik
>>

> --
> Sent from my mobile device.