ubuntu-app-platform updated to Qt 5.6.2

XiaoGuo Liu xiaoguo.liu at canonical.com
Thu Feb 9 02:28:16 UTC 2017

These days, I tried to make use of ubuntu-app-platform. I have upgraded the
snap to the latest version 34 from the edge channel. Still I get an error
like:

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt
platform plugin "xcb"
in "".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Aborted (core dumped)

What could be the problem for it?

Thanks & best regards,
XiaoGuo

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:54 PM, Florian Boucault <
florian.boucault at canonical.com> wrote:

> Indeed, sorry about that. The latest version with no Qt bundled is
> released now.
>
> Florian
>
> Le mer. 8 févr. 2017 à 14:20, Timo Jyrinki <timo.jyrinki at gmail.com> a
> écrit :

>> com>:
>> > I thought I fixed the terminal last week. At least the terminal
>> available on
>> > the edge channel now is working for me. Does it work for you?
>> > I made sure that the stage-packages only contain packages that are not
>> in
>> > ubuntu-app-platform and also used  build-attributes:
>> [no-system-libraries]
>>
>> It does not work if I upgrade to the edge version of
>> ubuntu-app-platform (and uninstall and reinstall ubuntu-terminal-app).
>>
>> So yes you fixed it, and I tested the fix but the fixed version needs
>> to be uploaded to the store by someone with rights. Maybe Bill?
>>
>> The current 33 version in the store still has the bundled Qt libraries
>> - see $ ls /snap/ubuntu-terminal-app/33/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
>>
>> -Timo
>>
>> --

XiaoGuo, Liu