[System Enablement] New releases Feb 2017

Simon Fels simon.fels at canonical.com
Tue Feb 7 14:40:48 UTC 2017

Hey everyone,

new releases of the alsa-utils, network-manager, upower and wifi-ap
snaps were pushed into the candidate channel.

alsa-utils 1.1.2-2:

* First official release supported by Canonical
* Aliases for all exported commands are available
* Set of automated and manual test cases guarantee quality of each release

network-manager 1.2.2-11:

* Wake-on-WLAN can be configured via snap confiration / nmcli
* Automatic reconfiguration of network devices when devices wakes up
* Alias support for nmcli command
* WiFi powersave is now configurable via snap configuration
* Network-Manager tests are using tests-extras repository to fetch the
image creating scripts rather than embed them.

upower 0.99.4-2:

* First release
* Integration with systemd to suspend the system on low battery events

wifi-ap 13:

* Configuration command accepts multiple key/value pairs
* AP can be disabled on installation via configuration option

---

An overview of which revisions / versions of the particular snaps are
available in which channel is available at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-rKAjr6FLUzt7oOtR_xcAEHJpntUPGpmixU6PV8K2KU/edit#

The snaps have passed our engineering QA and will now be tested by the
platform and commercial QA teams before the new versions are pushed to
the stable channel.

Bileto requests are:

- alsa-utils: https://bileto.ubuntu.com/#/ticket/2441
- network-manager: https://bileto.ubuntu.com/#/ticket/2442
- upower: https://bileto.ubuntu.com/#/ticket/2445
- wifi-ap: https://bileto.ubuntu.com/#/ticket/2444

If you have any questions feel free to ping me.

regards,
Simon