license.txt and snap/ directory

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Mon Feb 6 23:03:02 UTC 2017

On 06/02/17 23:40, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
> If it is not defined anywhere though, this is just a de-facto standard as it really is upto each person creating there snap about where to put it.

Well, that's what I'm saying -- IMO it should be defined (as I believe it used
to be).

> Files owned by snapcraft will go in snap, files owned by snapd will go in snapd. All the command wrappers that snapcraft creates will also go in here.

Just to make sure I understand what you're saying, are you talking here about
the directory layout of the snap package definition, or the generated snap package?

I'm talking about the directory layout in the generated snap package.  Currently
an empty `snap/` directory gets created in there and I don't see the point of it
if it does not contain anything.