Gradle Plugin / dump plugin with jre dependency

Felix Natter fnatter at gmx.net
Sun Feb 5 16:58:10 UTC 2017

hello Matthew,

I apologize for the very late reply.

Many thanks for the gradle.py patch!

Matthew Aguirre <matt.aguirre at gmail.com> writes:
> Here's a snap + wrapper that seems to work.
> It's really messy as it copies the contents of freeplane twice.
> https://gist.github.com/ZenHarbinger/cf3aec2d7c6110ab0a0780b315cadc2f

Thanks, the wrapper works perfectly!

I have got one more question:
It looks like with your stage-packages: or with the jdk plugin,
the whole jdk is included in the snap, so it is 108Mb (freeplane needs
"only" 30Mb). Is there a way (plug/interface) for using the system jdk?

I guess I would have to give up sandboxing for this to work.
This would be ok [1], because I'm most interested in a normal package,
backported to older (i.e. LTS) Debian/Ubuntu versions.
(I provide a .deb for Debian main but I want to provide the most current
version also for LTS versions)

[1] Freeplane can execute scripts contained in maps, but it has its own
security layer for containment of scripts.

I guess this is not what snap is for and the best way to achieve this is
by using a normal but non-main deb, with all jars included?

Many Thanks,
--
Felix Natter