dlopen cannot load shared library

Loïc Minier loic.minier at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 3 12:41:04 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 11:20 AM, Roberto Mier Escandón  <
roberto.escandon at canonical.com> wrote:

> I'm having a problem with a snap which start certain daemon when
> installed. This daemon tries to load certain shared library but it's not
> able to do it even in devmode [1]. However it loads it well in classic
> mode. The library is in a rw path, provided directly to a dlopen method
> [1]. Have anybody hit this kind of issue before?

In classic mode, you see libraries from your classic Ubuntu system
including X11; in devmode/confined mode, you only see system libraries from
the core snap which doesn't contain X11.

I suggest you embed X11 and other libs that your dlopen-ed library depends
on.

Cheers,
- Loïc Minier