Creating system users and system groups

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 2 10:19:45 UTC 2017

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 02.02.2017, 09:36 +0100 schrieb Simon Fels:
> Hey Till,
>
> That is (as far as I know) not possible today. Those groups and users
> have to exist beforehand. A similar problem also exists for LXD.
> There is a bug at https://bugs.launchpad.net/snappy/+bug/1606510
> which has a few more details.

on a side note this is also not necessary, all your services can run as
root thanks to confinement, the user will not matter since other
processes can only access your services through interfaces that shield
them. running as root is fine here ...

(that doesnt mean that we wont ever add such a feature (especially for
lxd who needs it for HW interaction outside of the snap, but this is a
very special case), but for non lxd snaps this is really not needed
since the user would be useless anyway)

ciao
	oli