Exposing commands

Daniel Manrique daniel.manrique at canonical.com
Mon Apr 10 13:57:43 UTC 2017

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 7:40 AM, Bruno Rogerio Fernandes
<brogeriofernandes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gustavo
> Oh, this apparently solve my problem. I'm playing around just now with
> aliases, but a can't find in the docs if I can automatically activate all
> my aliases on snap install time.
> I mean, it would be great if upon snap install, the user has immediately
> access to snap app aliases. Is there something like that?

Hello,

Snap reviewers can set up automatic alias activation (a feature called
"auto-aliases"). You can ask on this list for your snap to be allowed
automatic alias activation, a reviewer will verify your request to
ensure there are no conflicts and if so, enable this feature for your
snap. Technically this will be in the snap-declaration for your snap,
but that's handled by the Ubuntu store.

I suggest you do so on a new thread/message titled something like
"auto-alias request for YOUR SNAP" to ease tracking and avoid burying
information in other threads.

Cheers,
- Daniel