classic 32 bit application

Loïc Minier loic.minier at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 4 16:19:50 UTC 2017

Hi!

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 4:53 PM, Alistair Grant <akgrant0710 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The project is at: https://github.com/akgrant43/pharo-snap

I gave this a quick build-try, but build failed in the pharo part with this
tail in build.log:

Set up version info...
Add PharoV50.sources...
cp: cannot stat 'PharoV50.sources': No such file or directory

Looking at the error you're getting, first check if you're running ldd
against a shell script or an ELF file; it should work against a 32-bits
ELF. I did manage to bundle a prebuilt 32-bits app in an amd64 snap here:

https://github.com/lool/quortus-epc-snap/blob/master/snap/snapcraft.yaml

and it basically just involved shipping libc6:i386 in the snap, so
double-check that the runtime linker (/lib/ld-linux.so.2) and all dependent
32-bits libraries are in the snap and in the search path. If the runtime
linker can't be found for some reason, create your own wrapper to launch
your executable by calling the runtime linker directly (run
"/lib/ld-linux.so.2" to get help output or see man page).

Hope this helps!
- Loïc Minier