OpenGL ES API support (was Re: Updated Ubuntu Core 16 beta images available)

Kevin Gunn kevin.gunn at canonical.com
Mon Sep 26 21:26:18 UTC 2016

@including the gpu drivers, yes, this is pretty simple - at least with
dragonboard, you simply pull in mesa as a part and you get the freedreno
driver and you would honestly get the same with rpi2/3 since afaik I think
the vc5 drivers under gallium will get you what you want.
Now with rpi2/3, the hitch isn't actually the gpu drivers per se, it's that
our rpi kernel doesn't have some patches required that are available from
the raspbian kernel - but that's the extent of my knowledge. tvoss was able
to patch and rebuild the kernel about a week ago. So what's needed is
having someone from the kernel team take custody of those patches and
incorporate them into our kernel.

br,kg

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 12:37 PM, John McAleely <john.mcaleely at canonical.com