non-free

Érico P ericoporto2008 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 14:10:50 UTC 2016

Hello Spencer,

I may be wrong, but right now all snaps are flagged as non-free. I don't
know if there's a way to tell right now if the snap is a result of open or
proprietary code - and binary blobs.

The way I can think of doing this would be remotely building every snap in
the same environment, away from the developer/packager, to ensure, based on
the listed sources and licenses, that what this environment is grabbing to
build the snap, is all indeed free open source code. There must be other
forms, I don't know what's planned.

Regards,

Érico Vieira Porto